Student assignments should be lodged via Moodle (Moodle is our online Learning Management System, you will have access to this as part of your enrolment).
The ONLY exception is if you are submitting your Literature Review, in this case you must also send GTB one bound hard copy (as well as your submission via Moodle).
Students who ascertain that they cannot complete an assignment by the original due date can request a two-week extension (without supporting evidence). If the below steps are not followed, late assignment submissions will be down-graded.
- be submitted via email to GTB administration.
- be submitted at least ONE-WEEK before the assignments original due date.
A formal acknowledgement by email will be given to students as soon as possible after receipt of the initial two-week extension request.
Special Consideration Requests
Students must complete a Special Consideration request form if they wish to demonstrate that illness or other significant circumstances will prevented them from submitting their assignment by the original due date.
- be submitted our on special consideration request form (see below).
- be submitted at least ONE-WEEK before the assignments original due date. Ideally, submitted at the earliest possible date when a student identifies that he/she has a special consideration need. Students who are unable to submit the request within this period must demonstrate exceptional circumstances that prevented the request from being submitted.
- include a full description of the grounds for the special consideration, dates when student’s life was impacted.
- include supporting evidence e.g. doctors certificate or medical report.
- include a suggested date that the student considers they will be able to submit their assignment, with an explanation of the timeline.
The granting of Special Consideration is time limited and assignment item specific. It is expected that even with Special Consideration all assignments for a year will be completed by the end of the second week of December.
The above is a brief overview to support students understanding. Please see the relevant policies in full before you proceed. Go to our GTB Policy page.