Who is the workshop for?
- Emerging couples therapists
- Experienced couples therapists
- Individual therapists
- GTB students
- People interested in Gestalt and EFT
- Reflect on the history and diversity of couple-hood, romantic love relationships and couple therapy
- Gain insight into the intersection of neurobiology, attachment theory and couples therapy
- Recognise the differences and similarities of couples vs individual therapy
- Understand destructive couples cycles and how to support de-escalation and re-connection
- To develop knowledge on EFT and Gestalt couples therapy through exploring couples cycles with a phenomenological awareness and emotional focus
- Look at the use of experiential interventions within couples therapy
- Demonstrated practice and supported application of learnt techniques and interventions
- Assimilating the somatic, systemic and behavioural work of other therapies
- Working with and supporting complex couples’ issues
- to be confirmed
MGestTherapy, BSocSc, ADipWelfare
Sean has been working with people for over 25 years and as a full time therapist, clinical supervisor and group facilitator for the 14 years. Based in Northern NSW, his reputed and respected practice reflects his comprehensive training in Gestalt therapy, EFT for couples and group leadership.
Specialising in relationships, Sean has over 10000 case hours working with couples. He melds creative relational Gestalt methods and contemporary psychotherapy, neurobiology and mindfulness practices within a safe and sacred space. His work has been reviewed on radio, television and in print, making him a highly sort after relationship therapist with-in the Northern Rivers. Don’t miss this opportunity to train with a Australian based and leading couples therapist!