Day 1: Working confidently with Infidelity
These two full day, advanced couples therapy training days, will offer therapists working with couples expanded knowledge on how to deal with the issue of infidelity (Saturday) and how to use experiments with couples (Sunday).
Utilising aspects of Gestalt couples therapy, Emotion Focused Therapy and Behavioural Models, participants will be supported in developing specific skills and interventions to enhance their work with couples.
Furthermore, participants will gain knowledge on how to work with complex couples issues.
Day 1: Saturday
- Overview of contemporary therapeutic thinking around infidelity
- Understand key thematic considerations to support meaningful and effective interventions
- Knowledge of staged intervention strategy to support recovery process
- Opportunity to reflect on and avoid common traps
Day 2: Sunday
- Overview of the concepts and theory of experiments in couples therapy
- Learning the use of effective experiments and when to apply them
- Practical skills development for participants to utilise immediately
- Experiential exercises throughout to assimilate learnings
- Live session with a couples!
- To feel more confident in handling couples therapy sessions and dealing with complex and conflictual couples
- To support your clients to get the most out of their session and to repeat appointments
- To build your reputation and success as a couples therapist
- Observe live and/or recorded demonstrations
Who is the workshop for?
- Emerging Couples Therapists
- Experienced Couples Therapists
- Individual Therapists
- People interested in Gestalt and EFT
Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 July 2019
9.30 am – 4.30 pm
Gestalt Therapy Brisbane
431 Montague Road, West End
1 x day $240 / $210*
2 x day $430 / $395*
*early bird ends 14 June 2019
About your presenters
Sean Tonnet (MGest, BSocSc, ADip Welfare) is a highly sought-after couples therapist based in Northern NSW. He has been working with people for over 25 years and as a full-time therapist, clinical supervisor and group facilitator for the past decade. His reputed and respected practice reflects his comprehensive training in Gestalt therapy, EFT for couples and group leadership.
Tondi Gilfillan (MGest, BSocAnth (Hons)) has been working in the Northern Rivers Area for the last 9 years as a reputable specialist couples therapist and group facilitator both in the community sector and in private practice. Tondi has a background in Gestalt therapy, EFT, Gottman, Hakomi and has also been influenced by Esther Perel and contemporary thinking in neurobiology and trauma.