TURNING TOWARDS GESTALT – Couragously Relational, Creative and Present in a Complex World…An Introduction to Gestalt Therapy
TURNING TOWARDS GESTALT
Couragously Relational, Creative and Present in a Complex World…
– An Introduction to Relational Gestalt Therapy
If you are curious to know more about gestalt therapy, this professional development workshop is for you!!
Gestalt psychotherapy is known for its relational and experiential way of exploring human experience and is uniquely equipped in helping people to grow into their uniqueness, support their connection to others as well as find creative solutions to navigate the complexity of life.
Our introduction to gestalt therapy is a great opportunity to get to know some of the foundational principles of gestalt therapy and will involve formal teaching, experiential learning opportunities and discussion.
Who is this workshop for?
- Social workers
- Youth workers
- Anyone interested in getting a taste of gestalt therapy
You will learn more about:
- The fundamentals of gestalt psychotherapy.
- How gestalt principles have applications way beyond the therapeutic space.
- How gestalt works with awareness of self in relationship with others and the environment
- Relational aspects of gestalt psychotherapy
- How working without the need to fix our clients has the benefit of supporting their natural process of self regulation to occur.
- How to use creative processes to heighten awareness in your clinical practice.
- Participants will get an opportunity to practice with others
MGestTherapy, MEdSc (Pedagogy), BSW, BEdSc (Pedagogy), AMHSW
Tine has been working in the mental health field in Germany and Australia for over 20 years. She has extensive experience with drug and alcohol counselling, sexual assault and trauma counselling as well as working with women in prison. She is the director of GTB and runs a private practice in Brisbane. Tine is passionate about the gestalt approach and how lived gestalt principles can support change towards greater wholeness in individuals and create ripples in the world.
MGestTherapy, MGANZ, PACFA Reg. Clinical
Rosemary Bower, MGestTherapy. Rosemary was born in Tanzania and has lived and travelled extensively overseas. She been counselling and working in the mental health field for over 25 years. She is a gestalt therapist and has extensive experience in psychotherapy and group facilitation. She runs successful private practices in Maleny and has a great passion for working with culturally diverse groups and with groups engaged in creating social change..She is an educator at Gestalt Therapy Brisbane.